Individual - What to Bring for your First Accountant Meeting
Bring or Send:
- Most recent tax return, federal and state
- Form W-2's Wage statements
- Form 1099's Interest and Dividend Income
- Form 1098 Mortgage Interest and Real Estate Tax statement
- Summary of all medical expenses
- Summary of all charitable contributions
- Summary of all work related expenses
- Cost basis of any investments you sold during the year
- A list of questions and issues you want addressed (optional)
- Anything else which might be relevant
- New Client Data Sheet (printable PDF)
Any document or information which is not available at the time of the meeting or telephone conference can be mailed or faxed later.
What to expect after the tax interview or telephone interview:
The Quality Business Solutions team will prepare your tax return in the most advantageous way possible. If the team has any questions, they will contact you by telephone or email.
You will receive a complete package consisting of 3 components:
- Client copy of:
Federal tax return for filing, signed by Quality Business Solutions, with instructions clearly indicating where you should sign. The tax return will be neatly attached to a pre-addressed envelope.
State tax return for filing, signed by Quality Business Solutions, with instructions clearly indicating where you should sign. The tax return will be neatly attached to a pre-addressed envelope.
- Summary of the return
- Two year comparison (after the first year)
- Federal and state estimated payments for the current year, if applicable
- All of your original documentation, stapled to the back of your client copy of the tax return
Usually the turnaround time, without complications, is approximately 1 to 2 weeks.
Payment is due at the time the tax returns are completed and turned over to the client. After 30 days of nonpayment, interest accrues at the rate of 1% per month (12% per year).
If you have any questions after receiving and reviewing your returns, please call to discuss them.